Albert Savings is our automatic savings feature that saves money from your linked bank account and transfers it to Savings, which lives in the Albert app.
If you choose to use Smart Savings
Our Smart Savings algorithm determines how much you can safely save at any given point during the week. You can read more about how the algorithm works here.
- You can expect to save $25–$100 per week, usually spread across 2–4 transactions ranging from $5–$30 each.
- If we determine you can save, we initiate a transfer for the Smart Savings amount from your linked bank account to your Savings account.
- To avoid overdrawing your account, we won't initiate a Savings transfer if your bank account balance is too low.
If you choose an amount to save on your own schedule
Albert will transfer the amount you select (either on a weekly, twice-monthly, or monthly basis) from your linked checking account to Savings. If you select a set schedule to save, deposits may initiate a few days after the scheduled date to help prevent overdrafts.
|Savings schedule||Transfers initiate...|
|Twice Monthly||On or after the 1st and 15th of every month|
|Monthly||On the first business day of the month|
- Albert Savings are FDIC-insured up to $250,000 through our partner banks.
- Deposits into and withdrawals from Savings generally take 2–3 business days to complete.
- The money in your Savings account is yours, available for withdrawal anytime. There's no fee for transferring your funds.
- Albert places your Savings funds in the default savings goal, the Rainy day fund. The ability to add personalized savings goals is an extra feature offered to Genius subscribers.