Getting started is easy. You can select and manage your own funds yourself, request a customized portfolio by Genius, or do both. Invest in as many funds or portfolios as you like, selecting from our available options.
You're also free to invest whatever dollar amount you choose. You can start with just $1.
Simply deposit a set dollar amount that you'd like to invest, and we'll invest that exact amount for you: simple.
This method allows investors to buy into the funds of their choosing, for as much as they want, regardless of the share price. $1 is always the minimum.
Portfolio by Genius
For beginner investors — and experienced, too — the portfolio by Genius is a hands-off answer to creating a diversified portfolio. Tap the large button under Portfolio by Genius and provide details about your goals, tolerance for risk and time horizon.
- Tap the Investments card on the home screen.
- Tap 🔍 in the top right corner. (Or, tap '+ Explore investments' at the bottom of the screen.)
- Tap the 'Genius portfolio >' card under 'Portfolio by Genius.'
- Answer the questions to personalize your portfolio
For more information about the portfolio by Genius, click here.
A Self-managed investment allows you to select your own holdings from a curated list of themes (like "Industries," "U.S. Companies" and "Global").
Once your cash deposit posts to your investment account, you are free to purchase the investments of your choosing.
- On the Investments home screen, tap your desired investment (e.g., 🇺🇸 S&P 500). Then, tap Buy.
- In the Amount to buy field, enter your desired investment amount in dollars and tap Buy.
- If auto-investing is on, use the sliders to control how much cash you want Albert to allocate into each investment on a regular basis.
- Your investment will be purchased within the next trading day.