We do our best to avoid initiating transactions that would overdraft your external account. Before initiating a transfer, our algorithm checks to see if you have sufficient funds. However, depending on the timing of your bank transactions, overdrafts can occur in rare instances.
To get reimbursed, contact customer support and provide a screenshot of your banking app or your banking statement that shows the overdraft fee and the Albert transaction that caused it. Requests to reimburse overdraft fees on an external bank account must be submitted within 90 days of the original charge. Reimbursements will be sent to the Albert account that caused the overdraft, and can't be sent to closed Albert accounts.
Albert will reimburse you for overdraft fees incurred on external bank accounts due to automatic withdrawals or payments initiated by Albert. You can receive up to 2 reimbursements in total.
Qualifying actions may include:
- Automatic withdrawals from your external bank account to your Albert Savings account
- Automatic payments of Genius fees
- Automatic repayments for your Instant balance
Albert will not reimburse you for overdraft fees that result from a transfer initiated by you. This may include:
- Manual transfers from your bank account to Albert Cash, Albert Investing, or Albert Savings
- Manual repayments on your Instant balance