We do our best to avoid initiating transactions that would overdraft your account. Before initiating a transfer, our algorithm checks to see if you have sufficient funds. However, depending on the timing of your bank transactions, overdrafts can occur in rare instances.
To get reimbursed, please text Genius and provide a screenshot of your banking app or your banking statement that shows the overdraft fee and the Albert transaction that caused it. Requests to reimburse overdraft fees must be submitted within 90 days of the original charge. Reimbursements will be sent to the Albert account that caused the overdraft, and can't be sent to closed Albert accounts.
Albert will reimburse you for overdraft fees incurred due to automatic withdrawals or payments initiated by Albert. You can receive up to 2 reimbursements in total.
Qualifying actions may include:
- Automatic withdrawals from your bank account to your Albert Savings account
- Automatic payments of Genius subscriptions
- Automatic repayments of Instant or standard advances
Albert will not reimburse you for overdraft fees that result from a transfer initiated by you. This may include:
- Manual transfers from your bank account to Albert Cash, Albert Investing, or Albert Savings
- Manual repayments of Instant or standard advances